|
New Feature! Sudoku below Horoscopes and Ledge, play online or print it out!



ARIES (March 21-April 19): Let charm, honesty, and good faith guide you. Getting ahead should be your intent, and now is the time to present and promote what you have to offer. Protect your ideas and plans — someone will try to take credit for your work.

TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Look for a way to grab attention. Making personal changes won’t turn out as planned. Focus more on professional goals and updating and improving the way you do things. A partnership will create confusion and lead to uncertainties.

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Self-improvements will tempt you, but before you sign up for something radical, you are best to consider small, subtle changes. You’ll face opposition and disillusionment regarding various domestic and family matters. Proceed with caution.

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Open-mindedness will help you see your options more clearly and realize who is on your side and willing to help you out and who isn’t. Gauge your position carefully, and refrain from making an impulsive move you’ll regret.

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Concentrate on getting ahead professionally and banking as much as you can. An investment may tempt you, but before you make a move, you are best to look for any flaws that may stand between you and the gains you expect to make.

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Keep your thoughts to yourself and your personal life a secret. Not everyone will be in favor of what you say or do. Protect against disputes that are based on bringing about change and could end up costing you financially or emotionally.

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Changes in important relationships look positive and inviting. Eliminate uncertainty by getting promises in writing. Anger over a monetary issue will not resolve the problem. Find a solution using peaceful but persuasive tactics. Romance will improve your personal life.

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Put more energy into the job you do and the dialogue you have with people who can influence your future. An interesting change at home will allow you to create a unique sideline business that will help counter the growing cost of living.

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Don’t let things slide, or complaints will start to filter through, putting you in a no-win situation. Take care of responsibilities so there will be absolutely no guilt to deal with when you want to spend time having fun.

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Legal, medical, and financial matters can be dealt with successfully if you look at the big picture and are realistic and practical in your assessment and strategy. An interesting change will influence your professional standing.

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): A simple exchange of ideas and plans will lead to an interesting partnership. Make sure you get everything down on paper before you commit to contributing. Time is on your side, and that will save you from making a mistake.

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): You may feel that you are in the driver’s seat, but if things move too fast, you are best to put on the brakes and take a closer look at the posturing going on around you. Don’t be fooled by emotional blackmail.



Amazing but true (but not):

• Young Jeezy’s real name is actually Jeezy Youngman II.

• Lorenzo Gilyard, as known as “the Kansas City Strangler,” only killed 13 people, which is hardly even 25 percent of Kansas City’s population.

• The actual Dr. Pepper only held a honorary medical degree from Harvard; furthermore, his birth name was Pepperberg.

• Not only is the Chupacabra is real, I have had sex with it. Seven times. In one weekend.

• Seven out of every five of high-school principals failed a recent math-competency test.

• Studies have shown that on any given person-to-person cell-phone call, there’s a 37 percent chance that one party is pooping. There’s a 63 percent chance that both are.

• The socially conscious company TOMS gives a needy child a pair of shoes for every pair of shoes you buy, and its sister company, TEDS, gives a needy child a punch in the stomach every time you throw away restaurant leftovers.

• The character of Dora the Explorer is loosely based on the exploits of Michael Knight from the television series “Knight Rider.” Interestingly, the character of Michael Knight was loosely based on the exploits of El Cid, a historical figure whose real name was “Doran del Esplorar.”

• A single strand of human hair is roughly 500 times stronger than my resolve to make it to the gym after a night of moderate drinking.

Andrew R. Juhl invites you to test your knowledge of actual trivia today from 8-10 p.m. at Old Capitol Brew Works’ Pub Quiz.






>> Click here to submit an event!

• Book Babies, 10:30 a.m., Iowa City Public Library, 123 S. Linn
• Hallelujah Chorus Sing-Along, noon, UIHC Colloton Atrium
• Chess Group, 1 p.m., Uptown Bill’s, 730 S. Dubuque
• Knitting Nurse, 2-4 p.m., Home Ec Workshop, 207 N. Linn
• First Friday Coffeehouse, Iowa Humane Alliance Fundraiser, 5:30 p.m., Beadology, 220 E. Washington
• Graduate College Commencement Ceremony, 7 p.m., Carver-Hawkeye Arena
Annie, 7:30 p.m., Iowa City Community Theater, Johnson County Fairgrounds, 4265 Oak Crest Hill Road
A Christmas Carol, City Circle, 7:30 p.m., Coralville Center for the Performing Arts, 1301 Fifth St.
• Tallgrass, Iowa Shares Benefit, 8 p.m., Englert, 221 E. Washington
• Item 9 & the Mad Hatters CD Release Party, 9 p.m., Gabe’s, 330 E. Washington
• Salsa, 9 p.m., Wildwood, 4919 Walleye N.E.
• Scholars and Tyrants, 10 p.m., Yacht Club, 13 S. Linn


In today's issue:





 
Privacy Policy (8/15/07) | Terms of Use (4/28/08) | Content Submission Agreement (8/23/07) | Copyright Compliance Policy (8/25/07) | RSS Terms of Use

Copyright © The Daily Iowan, All Rights Reserved.