New Feature! Sudoku below Horoscopes and Ledge, play online or print it out!
ARIES (March 21-April 19): Observation will be your savior. Secrets will be kept, and deception is apparent. Initiate change before it is forced on you. Showing insight and fortitude will give you the upper hand. The reward for your persistence will be worth it.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Look for new projects or engage in a learning session that interests you. The introductions you encounter will turn out to be meaningful relationships. Contact someone from your past who has been on your mind, and share fond memories.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Go beyond the call of duty. Someone will be waiting for you to make a mistake. Don't let negativity or mixed emotions cost you. Focus on your goals and putting in a top-notch effort that will bring you recognition and advancement.
CANCER (June 21-July 22): Take the road less-traveled. Enjoy doing something unique or creative that stimulates your mind, body, and soul. Getting involved in something that makes you feel good and brings you joy will also enhance your life and important relationships.
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Money comes, and money goes. Show restraint when it comes to spending. Luxury items will not define who you are. You cannot buy love. Don't leave cash or valuables out in the open. Put your effort into personal change.
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Reconnect with friends, and pick up where you left off. The information you gather will lead to an opportunity to do something different. Someone at work may not be as helpful as you are led to believe. Ulterior motives are prevalent.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Let your creative imagination lead the way. What you present will be well-received and change your relationship with those you are dealing with. Focus on your connection with your peers, and refuse to let personal matters slow you down.
SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Follow your creative dreams. Your desire and need to do something special will bring you satisfaction and make you feel proud. Now is the time to expand and explore, not to let life pass you by. Romance will brighten your day.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Watch your step. Deception and disillusionment will lead you down a dark path. Listen carefully, and ask questions if you feel uncertain. Precision, moderation, and diligence will be required to win. A change at home will turn out to be positive.
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Stay put; let people come to you. Don't take liberties that can lead to a precarious situation. Protect your money and your important relationships. Your home is your castle, and your family is your support system. Help is available if you ask.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Expect to be burdened with matters concerning an older friend or relative. Your kindness will result in goodwill and good fortune. A change in the way you earn your living is to be expected.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Let your mind wander. Express your ideas, and you will receive interesting feedback. Love and romance are on the rise, and plans can be made that will improve your lifestyle. Invest in your ideas; formulate and sign contracts.
We hold these truths to be self-evident (and a little nerdy):
• It's pretty weird that people in London get to celebrate the Fourth of July six whole hours before we do.
• Superheroes in comic books should stop bothering to even go through the motions of mourning fallen comrades. At this point, Cyclops should just put Jean Grey in Tupperware the next time she "dies" — to keep her fresh those seven-10 days until she comes back.
• If we can we pretty much all agree that we love Billy Joel, then can we please also agree that "tonic and gin" is possibly the most egregious example of forcing a square lyric in a round hole … ever?
• It's pretty ironic that the word "don" isn't at all quixotic.
• Face it: If you're ever in the mood to buy a baby grand piano and a quality motorcycle in the same day, the Yamaha factory outlet store is the Place You Wanna Be.
• How cool will it be if Episode VII Chewbacca has a bald spot?
• Snoopy says things in thought balloons, but Woodstock answers him back in chirps. Woodstock is telepathic. If that didn't just blow your mind, then wait a minute for Scanner Woodstock to do it because NOW HE KNOWS YOU KNOW.
Andrew R. Juhl thanks ESJ for contributing to today's Ledge.
>> Click here to submit an event!
• Book Babies, 10:30 a.m., Iowa City Public Library, 123 S. Linn
• Hallelujah Chorus Sing-Along, noon, UIHC Colloton Atrium
• Chess Group, 1 p.m., Uptown Bill’s, 730 S. Dubuque
• Knitting Nurse, 2-4 p.m., Home Ec Workshop, 207 N. Linn
• First Friday Coffeehouse, Iowa Humane Alliance Fundraiser, 5:30 p.m., Beadology, 220 E. Washington
• Graduate College Commencement Ceremony, 7 p.m., Carver-Hawkeye Arena
• Annie, 7:30 p.m., Iowa City Community Theater, Johnson County Fairgrounds, 4265 Oak Crest Hill Road
• A Christmas Carol, City Circle, 7:30 p.m., Coralville Center for the Performing Arts, 1301 Fifth St.
• Tallgrass, Iowa Shares Benefit, 8 p.m., Englert, 221 E. Washington
• Item 9 & the Mad Hatters CD Release Party, 9 p.m., Gabe’s, 330 E. Washington
• Salsa, 9 p.m., Wildwood, 4919 Walleye N.E.
• Scholars and Tyrants, 10 p.m., Yacht Club, 13 S. Linn
In today's issue: