New Feature! Sudoku below Horoscopes and Ledge, play online or print it out!
ARIES (March 21-April 19): Keep things flowing, and you will avoid criticism. Offer positive thoughts and compassion to those you deal with, and you will get what you want in return. Love is highlighted, and a past partner is likely to reappear.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Put some power behind whatever you say you are going to do. Follow through with determination and intensity; concentrate on relationships that benefit you. Sidestep anyone who tries to get in your way. Strength and courage will result in leadership.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Put more emphasis on what you have to offer, and you will improve your position. Emotions will surface, but if you take a compassionate approach when dealing with others, you will gain approval instead of opposition. Love is in the stars.
CANCER (June 21-July 22): You’ll find some bargains if you go shopping. Picking up little things for friends or colleagues will be a nice way to show your appreciation. Networking and exploring pastimes that interest you will lead to new beginnings and exhilarating challenges.
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Push through whatever you can complete. It’s important to show how capable you are if you want to avoid complaints. Physical challenges will help ease stress. Charm, diplomacy, and refusing to let anyone upset you will be the trick to maintaining good relationships.
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Your knowledge and expertise will separate you from any competition you face. Discuss your plans, and seek support from your community and those in a position to help you accomplish your goals. A proposal based on the facts you offer will pay off.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Open up emotionally, and you will grab the attention of someone who can relate to your concerns. Make self-improvements. Short trips, shopping, or getting together with a friend will brighten your day.
SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Express your thoughts and plans for the future. Personal changes can lead to improved finances as well as a new beginning. Re-evaluate your relationships with others, and consider who is beneficial. Don’t settle for less when you can have more.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Keep moving in the direction that suits you best. Someone may withhold information, but as long as you are aware and do your fact-finding, you are not likely to miss a beat when striving to reach your goals. Love is accentuated.
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Tie up loose ends. Set up your strategy, and take stock of what you have and what you need to get where you want to go. Serious progress can be made if you are diligent when you negotiate.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Keep your thoughts private until you see what everyone around you says and does. You can improve or harm your reputation depending on your actions. Spending time with someone special or fixing up your home will ease your stress.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Play to win. Do not let your emotions lead to your downfall. Meddling will not bring good results, but wheeling and dealing positively will make others want to participate in what you are offering. Self-improvement will come at a price.
Warming up for Thanksgiving (2/2):
· I'm thankful that dinosaurs only exist in movies.
· I'm thankful that a breast's roundness and supple nature mean it can only do good, not harm.
· I'm thankful that people think dinosaurs only exist in movies. Incidentally, I'm thankful that guy made me a HUGE saddle one time.
· I'm thankful for the Puritans introducing the Thanksgiving football game all those centuries ago.
· I'm thankful nobody's noticed they haven't seen me and Bruce Wayne in the same place at the same time.
· I'm thankful for the time I realized Hamburger Helper can be used with turkey. Best. Thanksgiving. Ever.
· I'm thankful that I wasn't born as Romney's only daughter.
· I'm thankful I didn't get that "sweet" unicorn tattoo when I turned 18.
· …Or those "unique" Mumford lyrics three years ago.
· I'm thankful that I've never been forced to drink my own urine. Would take all the fun out of it.
· I'm thankful I have never needed to digitate.
· I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with, in person, most of the dumbf***s I encounter on Facebook.
· I'm thankful that hot dogs and hot dog buns both come in packages of 8.
Andrew R. Juhl is thankful for all his friends, even those who didn’t contribute to this Ledge, but especially LTD.
>> Click here to submit an event!
• Pharamcology Ph.D. Thesis Defense, “Regulation of Protein Phosphatase 2A by Proteasomal Degradation,” Beth Oberg, 1 p.m., 1117 Medical Education & Research Facility
• Biology Seminar, “From Sleeping Beauties to Macho Males: Mechanisms of Stress Resistance from an Ecological and Evolutionary Perspective,” Daniel Hahn, University of Florida, 4 p.m., 101 Biology Building East
• Alexander Ponomarchuk, piano, 6 p.m., Recital Hall, University Capitol Centre
• The House of Yes, 7:30 p.m., Dreamwell Theater, Universalist Unitarian Society, 10 S. Gilbert
• Spring Awakening, Mainstage Series, 8 p.m., Theater Building Mabie Theater
• Sonny Landreth, 8 p.m., Englert, 221 E. Washington
• Dueling Pianos, 8:30 p.m., First Avenue Club, 1550 S. First Ave.
• C4: The Cross-Country Comedy Competition, 9 p.m., Mill, 120 E. Burlington
• Salsa, 9 p.m., Wildwood, 4919 Walleye
• Rock the Wall, 9 p.m., Campus Recreation & Wellness Center
• Prof, 9 p.m., Gabe’s, 330 E. Washington
• Jerome and the Psychics, 10 p.m., Yacht Club, 13 S. Linn
In today's issue: