|

Carbon monoxide closes Longfellow

BY DI STAFF | APRIL 26, 2011 7:20 AM

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Officials closed Longfellow Elementary Monday after carbon monoxide was detected.

Students were not allowed to enter the building and were sent home, and parents were contacted to make sure children got home safely.

The cause of the carbon monoxide was believed to be the boiler system in the building, according to a press release from the Iowa City School District.

MidAmerican Energy, as well as the Fire Department responded to the scene, according to the press release.

— by Allie Wright


> Share your thoughts! Click here to write a Letter to the Editor.


comments powered by Disqus



 
Privacy Policy (8/15/07) | Terms of Use (4/28/08) | Content Submission Agreement (8/23/07) | Copyright Compliance Policy (8/25/07) | RSS Terms of Use

Copyright © The Daily Iowan, All Rights Reserved.